01 December 2009

Who is the Christian Atheist?

Hi, I'm your host, the Christian Atheist.  Let's make this a FAQ.

Q.  Is there just one author of this blog?

A.  Yes.

Q.  So are you a Christian or an atheist?  Because you can't be both.

A.  I'm a Christian who thinks like an atheist.  This is explained in the introductory post, What do you mean by "Christian Atheist"?

Q.  What kind of Christian are you?

A.  Probably best described as post-evangelical.  I go to a denominational church but can barely stand the group-think and cultural parasitism.  I would be described as confessing, in that I point to certain creeds (the Nicene is my favorite) and confessions (the Westminster is pretty good) as somewhat reliable and accurate statements of Christian belief.

Q.  What is your profession?

A.  Hate to be coy here but I must stay anonymous.  I have a postgraduate degree and it got me my current job.  I do a lot of writing and I travel regularly.  I am not a clergy member.

Q.  Where do you work?

A.  Don't be silly.  I'm anonymous because there are things I will write that could annoy my employer or its partners.

Q.  Male or female?  Married or otherwise?  Old or young?  Hot or not?

A.  Hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment